June 18, 2019
Interview by Peter Suciu, ClearanceJobs
Understanding the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System
The past is something that is impossible to escape. That is especially true when it comes to how well a contractor fulfills its mission for the federal government. The Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS) is a web-enabled application system that collects and manages the records of a contractor’s performance – and it’s a critical tool in establishing who the government does business with.
Peter Suciu, reporter at ClearanceJobs speaks with 1901 Group experts, Brendan Walsh, SVP of Partner Relations and Don Hirsch, SVP of Service Delivery to discuss the benefits and the gaps of using CPARS.
“Overall PP is a reasonable measure for the government to use; however, CPARS are only a single data point for measuring capabilities. Companies may have additional capabilities that are not reflected in CPARS or PP, so PP’s should not be the only factor used in deciding what a company can do or how it will perform…”
– Brendan Walsh, SVP Partner Relations and Don Hirsch, SVP Service Delivery
- IT Grows in Blacksburg: 1901 Group Blacksburg Expansion
- CRN: Federal-Focused MSP Finds Groove In Hybrid Offering
- GovDataDownload: FedRAMP Authorized Operations Center for Federal IT Collaboration and Employment
- Government Matters: Impact of the Cloud Smart Strategy on Industry
- Press Release: 1901 Group to Help DoD Adopt AI-Based Business Automation, Cyber Tools
- Press Release: 1901 Group Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- White Paper: Cloud considerations for managing evidentiary information (NetApp, AWS)
Sonu is the founder of 1901 Group and corporate leader responsible for our strategic vision, innovative business model, and financial performance.
EVP, Corporate Strategy and BD
Paul leads Business Development, Capture Management, Marketing, and Channel Partners. Paul provides leadership for 1901 Group’s growth initiatives by supporting the development of new markets and services.
EVP, Operations and Engineering
James brings over 25 years of industry experience to 1901 with a focus on delivering Information Technology business solutions and managed services.
SVP, Talent Strategy & Human Resources
Dana is the leader of our Human Capital Management function for providing organizational growth, performance, and profitability.
SVP, Partner Relations
Brendan leads our partner relations and management efforts and supports business development activities in addition to establishing strategic business alliances with leading cloud service providers and security solutions.