March 07, 2019
Article written by Jenny Kincaid Boone, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg Growth to Fuel Innovation Campus
With recent news about Virginia Tech’s Innovation Campus in Alexandria, the pipeline – specifically for high-tech disciplines – will draw from a deep reservoir in Blacksburg, fueling growth for universities and companies throughout Virginia.
Sonu Singh, CEO of 1901 Group expects the company to work with the Innovation Campus, where collaboration with industry will be built into the design of the program and the campus’ infrastructure.
“Anytime you have a world-class engineering school in the town that you’re based in, it’s great for the business and it’s great for the school,” said Singh, who majored in industrial and systems engineering at Virginia Tech. “This allows us as a company to mirror what Virginia Tech is doing. You could start your career in Blacksburg, or you could migrate to our offices and programs in Northern Virginia.”
– Sonu Singh, CEO of 1901 Group
- IT Grows in Blacksburg: 1901 Group Blacksburg Expansion
- CRN: Federal-Focused MSP Finds Groove In Hybrid Offering
- GovDataDownload: FedRAMP Authorized Operations Center for Federal IT Collaboration and Employment
- Government Matters: Impact of the Cloud Smart Strategy on Industry
- Press Release: 1901 Group to Help DoD Adopt AI-Based Business Automation, Cyber Tools
- Press Release: 1901 Group Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- White Paper: Cloud considerations for managing evidentiary information (NetApp, AWS)
Sonu is the founder of 1901 Group and corporate leader responsible for our strategic vision, innovative business model, and financial performance.
EVP, Corporate Strategy and BD
Paul leads Business Development, Capture Management, Marketing, and Channel Partners. Paul provides leadership for 1901 Group’s growth initiatives by supporting the development of new markets and services.
EVP, Operations and Engineering
James brings over 25 years of industry experience to 1901 with a focus on delivering Information Technology business solutions and managed services.
SVP, Talent Strategy & Human Resources
Dana is the leader of our Human Capital Management function for providing organizational growth, performance, and profitability.
SVP, Partner Relations
Brendan leads our partner relations and management efforts and supports business development activities in addition to establishing strategic business alliances with leading cloud service providers and security solutions.