November 19, 2018
Driving Top Technical Talent to Fairfax and Montgomery Counties
Leveraging new technologies in innovative ways
On November 16, Governor Ralph Northam announced the funding for the project from the Virginia Jobs Investment Program (VJIP), which will support the addition of 580 new jobs in Montgomery County and 225 new jobs in Fairfax County by 2021.
The Fairfax Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) worked together with Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) to secure the project for Virginia. VEDP will support 1901 Group’s recruitment activities through VJIP, a program that provides consultative services and funding to companies creating new jobs to support employee training activities.
The expansion of its corporate offices in Reston, VA and Enterprise IT Operations Center (EITOC) in Blacksburg, VA is 1901 Group’s commitment to its business model — leveraging talent, quality of life, and the advantageous cost of living in rural areas.
WSLS 7 TV Interview; Reporter Tommy Lopez and Dana Pittman (1901 Group)
“Our goal of creating high-quality IT jobs clustered in rural areas is the best way to improve quality and performance for the federal government especially as the pace of cloud adoption increases,” said Sonu Singh, CEO 1901 Group.
“1901 Group is a great example of a company leveraging new technologies in innovative ways, and I am delighted that the firm is taking advantage of our technology-focused workforce to expand its corporate operations here,” said Gerald L. Gordon, Ph.D., president and CEO of the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority.
- WTOP: Reston 1901 Group Will Create More Than 800 New Jobs
- WTOP: Reston IT Firm Bringing More Than 800 New Jobs to Virginia
- WBJ: Reston IT Firm Bringing More than 800 New Jobs to Virginia
- Roanoke Times: Cloud Computing Company to Expand in Montgomery County
- New River Valley: 1901 Group Adds 580 Jobs in Blacksburg
- Reston Now: 1901 Group to Expand Footprint in Reston
- WDBJ 7 TV News: IT Company to Create 580 New Jobs in Blacksburg
- WSLS TV: Blacksburg Growth: How Virginia Tech, County Leaders are Preparing
- Community News: 1901 Group to Invest $4 Million, Add 580 Jobs in Montgomery County
- Augusta Press: Growth in the Ninth District
- NRV News: Job Growth in the Ninth District
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Groups $4M Investment to Expand Will Bring 100s of new Jobs
- Montgomery New: Montgomery County Officials State of The County Address
- Virginia Business: Industry Takes Steps to Address A Workforce Shortage
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Group Named ‘Advanced Consulting Partner’ by AWS
- Clearance Jobs: How to Develop Soft Skills in Cybersecurity Professionals
- Clearance Jobs: What Contractors and Government Employees Should Do During the Government Shutdown
- Clearance Jobs: What the Government Shutdown Means for Contractors
- Washington Business Journal: Government Contractor to watch: Meet 1901 Group
- WVFT Radio: “Collaboration Culture” Builds Businesses at VTCRC Center
- Clearance Jobs: Finding a Workaround to the Defense Talent Shortage
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Group Investment to Expand Will Bring New Jobs
- Government Matters: Impact of the Cloud Smart Strategy on Industry
- CRN: Amazon Intros Intelligent Tiering to Optimize Cost
- FCEDA: 1901 Group to expand in Fairfax and Montgomery Counties, create 805 new jobs
- VEDP: Governor Northam Announces 805 New Jobs in Montgomery and Fairfax Counties
- WashingtonExec: What’s Behind A Successful Approach to Cloud?
- AWS Guest Blog: Focus First: “How” and “Where” to Start Application Migration
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority: 1901 Group Spotlight
- CRN, NetApp Channel Connect: CEO Kurian Tells Partners NetApp Ready To Lead In Cloud, HCI, Flash
- Interconnections: How Government Goes All-in On the Cloud
- WashingtonExec: New EVPs
- Washington Technology: Promotes Pair of Execs
- Washington Business Journal: Enlightenment Capital Investments
- Washington Technology: Privates Equity Group Takes Stake in Managed Services Provider
- Data Sheet: Proven Tactics to Handle Evidentiary Information in the Cloud
- White Paper: Cloud Considerations for Managing Evidentiary Information