December 16, 2019
Key Takeaways from the 2019 AWS re:Invent
AWS re:Invent, one of the largest learning conferences for the global cloud computing community just wrapped up last week. This event featured keynote announcements, training and certification opportunities, access to more than 2,500 technical sessions, a partner expo, after-hours events, and so much more.
This was an exciting year for 1901 Group as we had the opportunity to share valuable insight on different paths for digital transformation at AWS re:Invent. Below are our event highlights and key takeaways from our team.
1901 Group highlights:
- Insight: 1901 Group SMEs shared a critical path option for IT modernization and digital transformation. Learn more.
- Panel: SVP Brendan Walsh was featured on a panel – “Five hybrid cloud backup and disaster recovery mistakes to avoid”. Learn more.
- Interview and Video: SVP Brendan Walsh shared his insight on how federal agencies can modernize BU, DR strategies with hybrid IT infrastructure with theCUBE and siliconANGLE. Learn more.
- AWS Competency: 1901 Group was recognized for achieving AWS Public Safety & Disaster Response Competency status. Learn more.
Key takeaways from our team:
- AWS re:Invent: The event continues to grow in its sheer volume of attendance, quality of technical content, and variety of technical trainings.
- A Stronger and Growing AWS Partner Network (APN): The AWS Partner ecosystem is only getting stronger and stronger, as we enter the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) with new cloud services being created by AWS and AWS Partners including Cohesity and 1901 Group.
- Competencies and Investments for Secure Application/Data Migration: New APN competencies, including the Public Safety and Disaster Response Competency, combined with continued investments in FedRAMP and other security and compliance enablers will help agencies migrate to the cloud more quickly, efficiently, and safely.
- Digital Transformation vs. Transition: Jeff Bezos, CEO at AWS touched on the importance digital transformation not only through technical processes, but also through leadership change.
Learn more about how to stay agile and resilient with your enterprise IT while bringing innovation, automation, and security to your digital transformation contact our team today.
Contact John Feid, email@example.com, Senior Business Development Executive of 1901 Group, for more information.
- Virginia Career Works Podcast: Preparing the IT Talent Pipeline
- WTOP: IT company to expand in far southwest Virginia
- US News & World Report: IT Company to Expand in Far Southwest Virginia
- AreaDevelopment: 1901 Group Opens Operations Center in Washington County, Virginia
- Press Release: Griffith Welcomes 1901 Group’s Plan to Create 150 New Jobs, Invest $1.15 Million in Washington County
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: IT company to expand in far southwest VirginiaVirginia Business: 1901 Group expanding into Washington County
- Washington Times: IT company to expand in far southwest Virginia
- Foreign Affairs: Griffith Welcomes 1901 Group’s Plan to Create 150 New Jobs, Invest $1.15 Million in Washington County
- WCYB News 5: IT company expected to bring 150 jobs to Washington County, Virginia
- WJHL News 11: Virginia Governor announces IT services company bringing 150 new jobs to Washington County
- Roanoke Times: Tech firm with Blacksburg ties expands further into SW Virginia
- Press Release: Governor Northam Announces 1901 Group to Establish 3rd Virginia Operation
- Press Release: 1901 Group to Establish 3rd Virginia Operation in Washington County, Creating 150 New Jobs
- Video: Virginia's New River Valley – Tech Jobs in the NRV: Work Hard. Play Hard
- Cohesity: theCube Interviews at AWS re:Invent
- ExecutiveGov: 1901 Group Promotes Career Path Opportunities to VA Tech ISE Graduates
- Cohesity: 1901 Group Reduces Costs by 35% and Sees 115x Deduplication & Compression
- Washington Exec: The Tipping Point for AI in the Federal Market is Here Today — and Leverage is to Blame
- Clearance Jobs: Dealing w/ Complexity of IT Modernization - Building Better Disaster Recovering & Backup
- ClearedCast Podcast: Government Data Collection Increases Demand for Disaster Recovery
- Clearance Jobs: How DoD’s New Cybersecurity Rules Affect Government Contractors
- Virginia Business: Reston IT provider 1901 Group names executive VP
- Clearance Jobs: As Tech Workers Hit the Federal Pay Ceiling – Will They Stay?
- FCEDA: Fairfax County E-Bird for January 7, 2020
- Roanoke Times: Longtime leader of VA Tech Corporate Research Center to retire
- Clearance Jobs: 2020 Cleared Jobs Outlook - What Goes Away, What Stays?
- Clearance Jobs: Top Tech Trends of 2019 - From AI & Cloud to Cyber Insurance & Election Security
- Onward NRV: Onward NRV Partners with VEDP to Host Media Tour
- CRN: New AWS Awards Single Out Public Sector APN Members
- Virginia Business: 100 people to meet in 2020
- Washington Exec: 2019 Top 10 CEOs to Watch
- siliconANGLE: Q&A: Federal agencies modernize backup, DR strategies with hybrid IT infrastructure
- Technical.ly: Competition or opportunity... How VT execs feel about Amazon HQ2 coming to NoVa
- theCUBE: Brendan Walsh sits down with Justin Warren & John Walls for AWS re:Invent 2019
- Virginia Tech: Industry advisers see promising ways to expand IT sector in rural Virginia
- Fierce Electronics: Amazon’s HQ2 Arrival Touches Old Virginia Coal Mining Country
- Virginia Tech: Sonu Singh - Building State's Tech Talent Pool More Important Than Ever
- WSLS News: New River Valley growth, 800 more IT jobs expected
- TCN: 1901 Group Provides 24×7 Managed Services, Cybersecurity, Management...
- Blacksburg Expansion Groundbreaking: Ceremony News Coverage, Photos, and Information
- Clearance Jobs: The State of BYOD: The Pros and Cons of Using Your Personal Phone for Work
- Washington Exec: Why are STEM and Cloud Services so Important to Rural America?
- Virginia Business: Bringing the world to their doorstep
- Virginia Business: Highlanders rising
- Roanoke Times: Tech savvy girls from around the world come to Blacksburg
- CRN: Microsoft-ServiceNow Deal is ‘Huge’ Channel Opportunity
- ExecutiveBiz: 1901 Group Awarded Government Competency Status as AWS Partner
- CRN: Lawmakers Seek Improved Cyber Safeguards With IoT Security Bill
- American Security Today: Quality Clouds Improve Citizen Safety
- AWS Partner Network: Say Hello to 79 New AWS Competency, MSP, and Service Delivery Partners Added in May
- Amazon AWS: 20 Public Sector Partners Achieve Government and Education Competencies
- Clearance Jobs: Need to Hire Cyber Talent? Look Beyond the Nation’s Capital
- Clearance Jobs: Understanding the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System
- CityBizList: Peace Corps Awards 1901 Group Prime Contract for Data Center Relocation Services
- CRN: Federal-Focused MSP Finds Groove In Hybrid Offering
- Clearance Jobs: White House Executive Order Aims to Improve the Cybersecurity Workforce
- Webmagspace: Interview with CEO 1901 Group – Sonu Singh
- Roanoke Times: Torc CEO encourages leaders to celebrate more wins ahead of annual technology banquet
- FCEDA: Fairfax County E-Bird for April 25, 2019
- NextGov: Automation’s Impact Today Goes Well Beyond the Obvious
- Washington Exec: 1901 Group Snags Spot on $2.5B SEC Contract
- Clearance Jobs: Partnering with Local Universities to Grow Tomorrow’s Tech Talent
- Clearance Jobs: Virginia Has Second Highest Concentration of Tech Workers
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Group Hires Bob Beck, Zack Orchant for DOD, DHS Business Development
- Clearance Jobs: Is There Really a Cybersecurity Talent Shortage?
- Virginia Career Works Podcast: IT Careers in Virginia - Opportunities and Trends
- FCEDA: 1901 Group thrives with a platform that reduces costs and promotes migration to the cloud
- Virginia Tech Daily: Blacksburg growth to fuel Innovation Campus
- Virginia Business: ‘The next big trend’
- Virginia Business: High tech, high dollar
- Virginia Business: Besides Amazon
- CRN: Automate Or Die: Why IT Services Automation Is Critical For Channel Success
- Roanoke Times: Low unemployment rate putting pressure on local companies in search of workers
- Radford University: Radford partners with 1901 Group to enhance tech talent pipeline
- AWS Public Sector: PTP Video Testimonial - Sonu Singh, CEO of 1901 Group
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Group Partners with Radford University to Help IT Students Prep for Jobs of the Future
- Roanoke Times: Amazon’s impact: Hundreds of new jobs, higher enrollment at Virginia Tech
- WashingtonExec: 2019 Market Outlook: Sonu Singh on Hybrid Cloud, Academia, and Talent Retention
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Group Named ‘Advanced Consulting Partner’ by AWS
- Clearance Jobs: How to Develop Soft Skills in Cybersecurity Professionals
- Clearance Jobs: What Contractors and Government Employees Should Do During the Government Shutdown
- Clearance Jobs: What the Government Shutdown Means for Contractors
- Washington Business Journal: Government Contractor to watch: Meet 1901 Group
- WVFT Radio: “Collaboration Culture” Builds Businesses at VTCRC Center
- Clearance Jobs: Finding a Workaround to the Defense Talent Shortage
- WashingtonExec: 1901 Group Investment to Expand Will Bring New Jobs
- Government Matters: Impact of the Cloud Smart Strategy on Industry
- CRN: Amazon Intros Intelligent Tiering to Optimize Cost
- FCEDA: 1901 Group to expand in Fairfax and Montgomery Counties, create 805 new jobs
- VEDP: Governor Northam Announces 805 New Jobs in Montgomery and Fairfax Counties
- WashingtonExec: What’s Behind A Successful Approach to Cloud?
- AWS Guest Blog: Focus First: “How” and “Where” to Start Application Migration
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority: 1901 Group Spotlight
- CRN, NetApp Channel Connect: CEO Kurian Tells Partners NetApp Ready To Lead In Cloud, HCI, Flash
- Interconnections: How Government Goes All-in On the Cloud
- WashingtonExec: New EVPs
- Washington Technology: Promotes Pair of Execs
- Washington Business Journal: Enlightenment Capital Investments
- Washington Technology: Privates Equity Group Takes Stake in Managed Services Provider
- Data Sheet: Proven Tactics to Handle Evidentiary Information in the Cloud
- White Paper: Cloud Considerations for Managing Evidentiary Information
Sonu is the founder of 1901 Group and corporate leader responsible for our strategic vision, innovative business model, and financial performance.
EVP, Corporate Strategy and BD
Paul leads Business Development, Capture Management, Marketing, and Channel Partners. Paul provides leadership for 1901 Group’s growth initiatives by supporting the development of new markets and services.
EVP, Operations and Engineering
James brings over 25 years of industry experience to 1901 with a focus on delivering Information Technology business solutions and managed services.
SVP, Talent Strategy & Human Resources
Dana is the leader of our Human Capital Management function for providing organizational growth, performance, and profitability.
SVP, Partner Relations
Brendan leads our partner relations and management efforts and supports business development activities in addition to establishing strategic business alliances with leading cloud service providers and security solutions.