November 1, 2020
Improving Services for Veterans Starts with IT Innovation
As we recognize National Veterans and Military Month this year, we pause to honor those who served our Nation in uniform. This month sets a reminder for agencies to consider how to innovate their IT services to better serve Veterans and their families so they can easily access high-quality care and benefits.
1901 Group thought leaders share their insight on driving innovation during this time:
“As leaders in enterprise manages services, we understand how critical it is to access information on demand in a secure cloud computing environment. We applaud The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as they are moving more and more toward a managed services approach for their core compute and storage, leveraging hyperconverged technologies and platforms. This not only ensures stable technology platforms but enables the VA to scale as needed in a standardized fashion, which will ultimately support Veterans and their families.” – Zach Orchant, Director of Business Development for the Homeland Security Market of 1901 Group
“With the impact of COVID-19, there is a renewed sense of urgency to accelerate automation and to deliver a more seamless and improved customer experience for citizens. As a leader in enterprise-wide IT delivery services, we see more agencies leveraging innovative services like “as a service” models and adopting DevSecOps principles to drive operational efficiency and security as part of their IT modernization goals. We support the effort VA is making in leveraging these streamlined enterprise-wide methods as they will bring greater opportunities to support Veterans with the resources they need, no matter where they are located.” – Paul Wilkinson, EVP Business Development of 1901 Group
- Blog: Re-Imagining How Government Operates – Improving National Security Posture Starts with Digital Transformation
- Blog: Automating Citizen Services – So We Are Prepared for Anything
- Blog: G2X Industry Exchange with 1901 Group: Lessons Learned and How Industry Can Support Government Post COVID-19
- Blog: Public Sector Innovation Requires Leveraging Managed Service Providers, Automation Platform, and Workforce 4.0
- Blog: Dramatic Disruptions – Changing the Way Federal Government Uses IT and Building an Adaptable Workforce
- Press Release: CEO Sonu Singh Speaks at Baird 2020 Virtual Private Company Technology & Services Conference
- Press Release: 1901 Group/Red Hat to Expand FedRAMP Authorized Automation and Migration Capabilities to U.S. Government
- Press Release: George Batsakis Speaks on CNBC Event on Automation and IoT
- Op-ed: Don’t Overlook Rural America for Your Great IT Hub
- Op-ed: What is the GovCon ‘Workforce of the Future’ and Why Do We Need It Now?
- White Paper: Cloud Considerations for Managing Evidentiary Information
- Case Study: Changing How a Federal Civilian Agency Acquires IT Services to Save Money and Optimize Services
- Case Study: Modernizing a Federal Law Enforcement Agency’s Legacy Application and Systems to a Cloud-Based Environment Using DevSecOps Principles
Sonu is the founder of 1901 Group and corporate leader responsible for our strategic vision, innovative business model, and financial performance.
EVP and Chief Strategy Officer
George leads the company’s overall corporate development and strategy planning process and provides expertise in executive management, operations, new business development, emerging technology and technology partnership.
EVP, Business Development
Paul leads Business Development, Capture Management, Marketing, and Channel Partners. Paul provides leadership for 1901 Group’s growth initiatives by supporting the development of new markets and services.
EVP, Operations and Engineering
James brings over 25 years of industry experience to 1901 with a focus on delivering Information Technology business solutions and managed services.
SVP, Talent Strategy & Human Resources
Dana is the leader of our Human Capital Management function for providing organizational growth, performance, and profitability.
SVP, Partner Relations
Brendan leads our partner relations and management efforts and supports business development activities in addition to establishing strategic business alliances with leading cloud service providers and security solutions.
SVP, Service Management
Brian leads the development and management of our service offerings and brings great value in aligning our growth and delivery activities while ensuring profitability.