May 07, 2019
Interview by Peter Suciu, ClearanceJobs
White House Executive Order Aims to Improve the Cybersecurity Workforce
Last Thursday, the White House signed an executive order that was meant to boost the federal government’s cybersecurity workforce. It will standardize and incentivize cybersecurity education and most importantly create a more uniform system so that everyone is on the same “cyber page” and work with a common cybersecurity language.
Brendan Walsh, SVP of Partners Relations at 1901 Group, shares with Peter Suciu of ClearanceJobs why cybersecurity matters, its impact on the country, and the ongoing issue of talent supply.
“It is widely recognized that the supply of cybersecurity talent lacks behind its demand. Since our government’s general mission is to serve and protect its citizens, which requires IT systems and connectivity, our government is correct to help promote and grow cybersecurity talent across the country from urban technology hotspots to rural America.”
– Brendan Walsh, SVP of Partner Relations at 1901 Group
- IT Grows in Blacksburg: 1901 Group Blacksburg Expansion
- CRN: Federal-Focused MSP Finds Groove In Hybrid Offering
- GovDataDownload: FedRAMP Authorized Operations Center for Federal IT Collaboration and Employment
- Government Matters: Impact of the Cloud Smart Strategy on Industry
- Press Release: 1901 Group to Help DoD Adopt AI-Based Business Automation, Cyber Tools
- Press Release: 1901 Group Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- White Paper: Cloud considerations for managing evidentiary information (NetApp, AWS)
Sonu is the founder of 1901 Group and corporate leader responsible for our strategic vision, innovative business model, and financial performance.
EVP, Corporate Strategy and BD
Paul leads Business Development, Capture Management, Marketing, and Channel Partners. Paul provides leadership for 1901 Group’s growth initiatives by supporting the development of new markets and services.
EVP, Operations and Engineering
James brings over 25 years of industry experience to 1901 with a focus on delivering Information Technology business solutions and managed services.
SVP, Talent Strategy & Human Resources
Dana is the leader of our Human Capital Management function for providing organizational growth, performance, and profitability.
SVP, Partner Relations
Brendan leads our partner relations and management efforts and supports business development activities in addition to establishing strategic business alliances with leading cloud service providers and security solutions.