September 13, 2018
Cloud Journey: “How” and “Where” to Start Application Migration
As agencies are rushing to figure out how and where to start their mission-critical applications to the cloud, moving from a private to public environment is one of the most critical decisions agencies will face.
Brendan Walsh, Senior Vice President of Partner Relation of 1901 Group, a featured guest on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) blog, highlights a solution using a Firm Fixed Price Migration (FFPM) model and an AWS framework to help agencies establish a budget and plan to start their mission application migration. Click for the full blog.
“As our enterprise IT progresses from the AS IS towards the desired future TO BE state, being able to categorize and classify legacy applications using a fixed price migration model provides the agency with flexibility to move incrementally and manage risk. Success breeds success, so focusing on specific application profiles is an important step.” – Agency Program Manager
- IT Grows in Blacksburg: 1901 Group Blacksburg Expansion
- CRN: Federal-Focused MSP Finds Groove In Hybrid Offering
- GovDataDownload: FedRAMP Authorized Operations Center for Federal IT Collaboration and Employment
- Government Matters: Impact of the Cloud Smart Strategy on Industry
- Press Release: 1901 Group to Help DoD Adopt AI-Based Business Automation, Cyber Tools
- Press Release: 1901 Group Achieves FedRAMP Authorization for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- White Paper: Cloud considerations for managing evidentiary information (NetApp, AWS)